As a ministry of Saint Luke Lutheran Church, The Christian Day School is dedicated to supporting young families and children in our community by providing a wholesome, play-based early childhood education in preparation for Kindergarten. All are welcome
To partner with parents to help children …
- Develop an awareness of God’s love for them.
- Increase independence with a positive self-concept.
- Prepare for Kindergarten.
- Form lasting friendships.
- Appreciate art, music, nature and the world around them.
- Build coordination and strength.
- Grow socially and emotionally.
- Discover a love for school and learning.
- Feel secure and loved.
Saint Luke Christian Day School Offers
- Qualified, experienced teachers
- Low student-teacher ratios
- Focus on Kindergarten readiness
- Modern state-of-the-art playground
- Large, attractive classrooms
- Strong partnerships with families
- Engaging art and music
- Christian love and acceptance
Board of Directors
The school program is administered by a Board of Directors consisting of seven members, approved by the Saint Luke Lutheran Church Congregation Council. The Director of the Christian Day School, the Senior Pastor and the Chair of the Committee on Christian Education serve as ex-officio members.
Educational Program and Licensing
The Saint Luke Christian Day School is a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE)-approved school for pre-kindergarten students, and as such exceeds state requirements. In addition the program is licensed by the MSDE Office of Child Care and all teachers meet or exceed the state’s educational requirements. We invite you to learn more about each staff member here. More information is available in the Christian Day School office.